The Youth Works program is funded by the RBC Royal Bank Future Launch fund and Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada. The program helps youth from or in foster care between the ages of 16 – 29 in Greater Vancouver area with employment and/or educational goals. We work with them to empower them, find needed resources and work towards independence and employment. Services include information and referral, career counselling, access to job search resources, one to one coaching, mentorship, work experience placements and help finding career and education resources, supports and funding to assist them in achieving their goals.
To access the program anyone can call or refer a young person. We can meet with you at the Connections Youth Centre, or somewhere the youth is comfortable with. There are some questions we will ask about your situation, any needs you have and supports or services you are currently receiving. Once this is done, we will work with you to come up with a plan to support you reaching your goals. The program is available to support you once you have found work or start participating in a training or employability program as well. There are a lot of resources out there that may help you get where you want to be, and we have a lot of employers that are looking to hire young people just like you.
Who is eligible?
You need to meet all of the following criteria:
- Between the ages of 16-29
- Previously or currently in foster care
What do we offer (for free)?
- Individual employment counseling and support tailored to each client’s needs and pace
- Access to all resources at CCSS and partners(including WIFI, computers, printers, job boards, and Job Fairs)
- Career exploration and vocational assessments
- Employability skills training (including but not limited to resume, essential skills, job search strategies and networking skills)
- Certification training supports, mentorship and possible internship opportunities
- Job placements and on-going job coaching
- Access to volunteer placements for skill development
- Follow up and support up to 1 year
- Self-referrals and 3rd party referrals are welcome
- A short conversation with the Employment Counselor to determine eligibility, needs and fit
Start working with us towards your career and education/training goals!
CALL TODAY 604-271-7600 ext 125 Call 604-271-7468 or 604-218-6943; or email at email@example.com
Supported by RBC Future Launch and Children’s Aid Foundation
Additional funding and agency support provided by the Government of BC and the United Way