The Youth Employment & Leadership Program addresses the current need for job and work experience opportunities for youth in Richmond who wish to pursue a career in the field of child and youth work.
- Obtain support and training needed to reach education and employment goals and to find and maintain employment in the field of childcare or related fields
- Learn and practice a variety of leadership strategies and techniques
- Build skills and experience in areas of activity planning, responsible and safe care of children, food safe and first aid certification, professional communications, time management and organization, budgeting and personal finance, and job search techniques
- Gain paid professional work experience through employment in Parent Night Out childcare events
- Have the opportunity to meet and engage with local community professionals in their field
How to Participate
Applications for the summer 2015 Youth Employment & Leadership Program have now closed. Please check back in August for details about our fall program.
Please direct any questions to Zavi Swain, Volunteer and Leadership Coordinator at email@example.com or by phone at 604.271.7600, ext 111.