There are no positions available at this time.
Working at Connections offers you a relaxed and flexible work environment. Our goal is to provide meaningful supports to the community, and you can be a part of that by joining our team. We are a small but enthusiastic group who try to make work a rewarding experience. We have been known to share a laugh and a meal at our monthly meetings and we always try to maintain our work/life balance. If you are looking for a place to belong, make a difference and learn new skills, this is the place for you.
Benchmark Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT 3 – 10
Status: Bargaining Unit, BCGEU
Job Types: Full time
Wage: Grid Level 10, Step 2 – JJEP Wage Grid – $22.68/hour
Assists the Program Coordinator with delivery of the Student Connect program and the general office. Provides a variety of administrative and clerical assistance in an office; prepares correspondence, reports and other documents; maintains a variety of financial and other records, files and related filing systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Screens and prioritizes incoming correspondence and other materials for staff members.
- Tracks office or program expenditures by recording expenses and alerting the supervisor to budget overruns and unusual expenses. Maintains a variety of financial records such as petty cash fund, purchase orders and cheque requisitions.
- Collects, researches, organizes and summarizes data from a variety of sources and produces reports; Performs analysis of reported information; Keeps supervisor informed of problem areas or emerging trends and briefs them on any issues, concerns, matters and meetings.
- Maintains client and program information using spreadsheet and/or database software.
- Produces ad hoc reports from databases as required by the supervisor by identifying and organizing the required information, compiling data, designing format, and printing reports.
- Responds to outside inquiries about services offered by the organization.
- Communicates with other community service agencies and/or ministries regarding client enrolment in and attendance at programs.
- Orients, monitors, and provides work direction to volunteers and/or practicum students.
- Provides word processing, data input and typing support such as correspondence, meeting minutes, forms and client information; drafts routine correspondence such as thank you letters, client appointment letters and internal memoranda.
- Assists in coordinating and completion of projects
- Arranges meetings, schedules appointments and makes travel arrangements; books rooms for meetings. Prepares agendas and takes minutes at meetings as required.
- Answers phone and in person inquiries and routes to appropriate staff members if required; Replies to general information requests accurately and in a timely manner.
- Performs other support duties related to program areas such as providing information to clients or visitors, assisting with intake and client/applicant tracking, checking program requirement documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications Education and Knowledge
Grade 12, plus completion of a program of up to one (1) year in business or office administration training.
Training and Experience
Three (3) years recent related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Please email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 11 December 2022.