Connections Kids Club
Connections Kids Club is our Before and After School Care Program for children from Kindergarten to Grade 7. Our vision for the program is to contribute to our children’s social and emotional well- being through constructive activities, games, one-to-one supports, and group discussions. The Kids Club program operates five days a week as well as during Professional Development days.
The program gives parents a safe care option for their children – full of learning and fun during out of school hours. Currently, we run programs at four locations. Three are in Richmond (Cook, Tait and Blundell Elementary Schools) and one is in West Vancouver (Caulfeild Elementary School).
Our philosophy of care is based on the BC Early Learning Framework and endeavors to support each child in experiencing and achieving:
- A sense of well-being and belonging
- Exploration and creativity
- Language skills and literacy
- Social responsibility and diversity inclusion
- Daily healthy snacks
- Care on Professional-Development Days, Early Dismissal Days and during School Breaks
- Educational and Fun Outings and Presentations
- An environment that embraces and respects cultural diversity, access and information to community events and resources
- Understanding that quality and affordable care is a vital support to families, children and the community