Youth Employment Connect
Youth Employment Connect is currently on hiatus. We hope to be running again in summer 2021.
Our program works with youth between the ages of 15 and 30 to help them fulfill their employment and educational goals. Our vision is to ensure that all youth get the support they need to succeed.
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- A Canadian Citizen , Refugee, or Permanent Resident
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have not participated in another Skills Link Program
- In need of assistance to overcome employment barriers
- Paid 4 weeks in class training and 6 weeks work placements/experiences
- Wage subsidy available
- Group /classroom based employability skills training
- Individual skills enhancement / employment counseling including:
- career exploration
- general employment readiness
- structured General Equivalency Diploma preparation and upgrading
- pre-employment courses
- occupation-specific courses(i.e. Serve it Right Certificate etc)
- Possible reimbursements towards childcare, work gear, transit etc.
- Support up to 52 weeks
- Program completion honorarium