The Youth Works program is funded by the RBC Royal Bank Future Launch fund and Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada. The program helps youth from or in foster care between the ages of 16 – 29 in the Greater Vancouver area with employment and/or educational goals.
Check out our program brochure for more information: Youth Works Program Brochure.
- Be between the ages of 16-29
- Be previously or currently in foster care
Services we offer.
- Individual employment counseling and support tailored to each client’s needs and pace
- Access to all resources at CCSS and partners (including WIFI, computers, printers, job boards, and Job Fairs)
- Career exploration and vocational assessments
- Employability skills training (including but not limited to resume creation, essential skills, job search strategies and networking skills)
- Certification training supports, mentorship and possible internship opportunities
- Job placements and on-going job coaching
- Access to volunteer placements for skill development
- Follow up and support up to 1 year
How to access.
- To access the program anyone can call or refer a young person.
- There are some questions we will ask about your situation, any needs you have and supports or services you are currently receiving.
- Once this is done, we will work with you to come up with a plan to support you reaching your goals.
There are a lot of resources out there that may help you get where you want to be, and we have a lot of employers that are looking to hire young people just like you.